REFERENCE NUMBER: AP 996
JOB TITLE: Registrar
LOCATION: Cape Town, Western Cape
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To ensure the optimal functioning of TSIBA Business School by effectively overseeing the following key portfolios: Systems development & integration; Operations; Company Secretary; Academic Administration Advisor.
To serve as an Executive Director on the Board of TSIBA Education NPC. To ensure that TSIBA remains ‘fit for purpose’ and operates as an agile, impactful social enterprise.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
KPA 1: Leads innovation and integration of business processes with operational
systems, to ensure that TSIBA operates in an agile, digitally enabled and stakeholder
responsive manner (20%)
- Champions innovation, digitisation and integration of all TSIBA’s operational systems.
- Accountable for the design, integration and sustainability of institutional processes across the academic, finance, Library and IT.
- Ensures efficient access to institutional data and reporting.
- Coordinates the strategic and efficient management of information systems and technology resources of the institution in line with TSIBA’s digitisation objectives.
- Ensure operational excellence in business support functions.
KPA 2: Oversees systems implementation in the areas of OHS, Human Resources,
Infrastructure Management, Knowledge Resources and Logistics to ensure
attainment of strategic goals for growth and sustainability (30%)
Accountable for the design, implementation, integration and sustainability of the
infrastructure, facilities and logistics requirements of the institution.
- Leads the institutional infrastructure planning to ensure a coherent annual programme of
action, integrating curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Oversees the efficient management and maintenance of facilities and logistics to support TSIBA’s educational and social enterprise goals
- Supports the Finance Manager in organisational budget planning, forecasting, control and dissemination of information.
- Coordinates, implements and monitors the campus-wide OHS plan.
- Oversees the efficient functioning of the library and related resources.
KPA 3: Ensuring high levels of corporate governance, policy oversight and regulatory
compliance in line with education sector standards (30%)
Leads TSIBA Business School’s compliance with all legislation pertaining to governance and Company law, and ensuring that it is documented and implemented.
- Performs the role of Company Secretary and reports to the TSIBA Board of Directors on
strategic Governance and Operational matters.
- Ensures that statutory reporting on: Employment Equity, UIF, Skills Development Plans, B-BBEE, OHS, POPI etc. takes place accurately and according to deadlines.
- Deals with any legal matters arising in collaboration with the Legal council.
- Supports the Dean with compliance of external higher education and related quality assurance
- Be the OHS representative on the Board and Chairperson of the staff OHS Committee.
- Plans, reviews and oversees interpretation and implementation of TSIBA’s policies and
- Oversees local and international partnerships, including the contracts, MOU’s and other binding agreements.
- Be the co-signatory with the CEO on contracts in terms of the schedule of delegated authority.
- Coordinates all meetings of the Board and its sub-committees, including the efficient
maintenance of relevant records.
- Coordinates the management of institution-wide risk management.
KPA 4: Provides guidance on matters relating to student recruitment, registration,
assessment and certification (20%)
Monitors the efficient maintenance of the student record, from admission to graduation
and provides guidance to Faculty Management on improvement practices. Aligns functional
areas to support TSIBA’s core mission of providing transformative business education.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in – Business Administration; Accounting; Higher education; Industrial/Organisational psychology; Management or cognate disciplines
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in higher education administration, 3 of which must be at senior management level.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A sound contextual understanding of the higher education landscape locally and internationally.
- Sound grasp of HE administration and regulation.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to plan strategically.
- Strong networking skills.
- Familiar and comfortable with changing technologies.
- Able to work with a variety of people – including students, academics, senior management and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Highly organised and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong systems orientation.
- A letter of motivation.
- A comprehensive CV.
- An abridged CV.
- Names and contact details for at least 3 referees.
- Certified copies of matric and degree certificates and Identity Document.
- To apply please forward your application quoting reference number AP996 to Genevieve Michel c/o [email protected]
- CLOSING DATE 28 JANUARY 2022