Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
The Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSSI) is a non-profit company based in South Africa and a subsidiary of the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI). APSSI was launched in 2017 to foster PROFESSIONALISM and EXCELLENCE in the provision of child & youth Mental Health and Psychosocial care and support (MHPSS) policies and services through:
- delivering quality, accredited PSS education
- developing contextual PSS knowledge
- publishing evidence-informed culture-responsive resources
APSSI implements a hybrid (non-profit and for profit) business model consisting of two overlapping, complementary business channels which can be categorised into:
|MHPSS Consultancy Services & Product Sales + Comprehensive MHPSS Education|
The two APSSI business channels are driven by the principle of social value creation within the MHPSS field. APSSI pursues social value creation throughout the global community, from an Afrocentric perspective. It purposes to expand accessibility to effective, innovative professional and lay MHPSS competence.
- PURPOSE APSSI seeks to appoint a reputable service provider to support and lead the Board, Management and all relevant stakeholders in a technically grounded, consultative and participatory planning process; to develop a five-year strategic plan for the period 2021-2025 that will ensure APSSI achieves its mandate and strengthens its reputation as a credible psychosocial support institute in Africa. The APSSI strategic plan will articulate goals and strategies to operate the entity in a gainful way. It will also include institutional arrangements, specific activities, proposed programmes, timelines, targets (including financial) and detailed costing.
- OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the guidance of the APSSI Executive Director, the service provider will work with APSSI Management, REPSSI Executive Leadership and other identified stakeholders to lead and guide the process of developing the full 2021-2025 strategic plan. This will include:
- Reviewing existing APSSI plans and related documents for the re-alignment of APSSI to current global pressures
- Reviewing relevant Regional and National policy frameworks, laws and approaches
- Conducting stakeholder consultations aimed at developing sound communication and stakeholder management strategies
- Assessing the operating environment / conducting competitor or peer analysis
- Developing economically sound strategies and methodologies for APSSI to achieve its mandate and sustain operations in a gainful manner
- Examining critical opportunities for APSSI programmes and client growth strategies
- Developing, validating, finalizing and costing the strategic plan 2021-2025 including a detailed implementation plan for 2021-2023 and general activities for 2024-2025.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER
Carry out a desk review of documents relevant to an understanding of the mandate, legal framework, work and context of APSSI, a registered South African non-profit company with a global client-base.
- Develop an understanding of the business context within which APSSI operates, paying particular attention to various forms of successful learning institutions, hybrid business models, market segmentations; professional affiliations and relevant skills development legislation.
- Engage with APSSI and REPSSI Governance and Management Teams to facilitate a common understanding and approach to the assignment (build consensus).
- Facilitate workshops with APSSI Board, Directors, staff and other stakeholders to inform the framework and contents of the strategic plan.
- Develop an advanced draft strategic plan 2021-2025 for presentation by the Executive Directors, Board of Directors and others identified by the Executive Director.
- Finalize a professionally costed APSSI strategic plan 2021-2025, including a detailed implementation plan for 2021-2023 and general activities for 2024-2025. The APSSI strategic plan 2021-2025 will articulate goals and strategies to operate the entity in a gainful way. It will also include institutional arrangements, guidance for managing change, specific activities, proposed programmes, timelines, targets (including financial) and detailed costing.
- 09 December 2020: Inception Report (20% of contract amount)
This report should include:
- A comprehensive desk review of relevant documents
- A methodology/action plan, work plan, list and contacts of key stakeholders to be engaged
- 31 January 2021: Advanced Draft Strategic Plan 2021-2025 for stakeholder review (50%)
Draft Strategic plan 2021-2025 should be at an advanced stage of completion including all relevant content outlined in the section ‘responsibilities of the service provider’ (point 4).
- 28 February 2021: Final draft Strategic Plan 2021-2025 (30%)
Final draft Strategic Plan 2021-2025 will incorporate feedback from the stakeholder review and additionally include the following features/sections:
- An executive summary
- A succinct review of the business context within which APSSI operates
- An overview of the mandate of APSSI and the implications for organisational development and relations with partners, peers and competitors
- Strategic Statements (Vision, mission, goal – possibly varied for each business channel)
- Key Strategic Priorities
- A detailed implementation plan (2021-2023) and general activities for 2024-2025
- Summary analysis of key strategic partners for the successful attainment of APSSI strategic priorities.
- Logical Framework for the implementation of the Strategic Plan 2021-2025
- Detailed cost estimation for the implementation of Strategic Plan 2021-2025, mapped to possible diversified funding sources
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
A service provider will be appointed by the 30th November 2020. The assignment is estimated at a maximum of 38 person days; to be carried out from the 1st December 2020 to 28 February 2021 with the submission of the final deliverable.
Skills and Experience:
- Appropriate qualifications and profile of the consultant(s): Higher degree in business administration, business management, project management, industrial psychology or related field
- 3-5 years proven experience in developing business strategies and plans for non-profit companies and the private sector
- Change management experience
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Working knowledge of legislation and related governing frameworks pertaining to higher education and skills development in South Africa (required), and other countries/regions in Africa (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of SAQA and other qualification authorities and frameworks in Africa, and particularly the East and Southern (ESA) Africa region.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested AND qualified service providers are invited to submit expressions of interest to [email protected] on/or before 25 November 2020. Expressions of interest must include a brief profile (3 pages or less), a cover letter, 2 references for similar work completed in the past 12 months, availability and consultancy rates. Only shortlisted service providers will be contacted.