Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Base Station: Windhoek, Namibia
The Trans Kalahari Corridor Management Secretariat (TKCS) is a secretariat to the TKCMC, an inter – governmental Organisation established by the Governments of Botswana, Namibia and South Africa with a political and economic vision to pursue or contribute towards deeper regional integration through the facilitation of trade between the member states and beyond. The TKCS attracts self-driven professionals who are passionate about the economic development of the region. The TKCS invites skilled and seasoned specialists from Botswana, Namibia and South Africa to apply for the exciting position below tenable in Windhoek, Namibia. This is a four (4) year contractual position with a possibility of renewal of the contract for another term depending on the performance of the candidate. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director.
Main Purpose of the Job
- To plan, direct, or coordinate the Marketing and Communication strategy, policies and programs of the TKCS.
- To identify key industries for potential business opportunities.
- Create, build up and maintain stakeholder’s data base. Branding the TKC through marketing and communication strategies, initiatives, campaigns, crisis communication, product branding, web and print content development, focus groups and market research, public and media relations, events planning as well as presentation development.
Key Performance Areas
Review and implement the marketing and communication strategy
- Branding of the TKC
- Develop and maintain an integrated corridor information dissemination system that will facilitate speedy access of information by member states,
- Lead marketing, communications, public and media relations of the TKCS
- Network with key industry Experts and potential users of the TKC in order to grow volumes.
- Undertake and /or facilitate client-based needs study and needs assessment surveys
Educational qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing/Communication / Public Relations or Business-related qualification.
- A Masters degree is an added advantage. At least five (5) years proven work experience will be required.
- Experience working with Multi-National organizations would be an advantage. Valid driver’s license is a requirement.
- Strong critical and qualitative analytical skills
- Data management skills
- Good command of the English language
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Team Player
- Performance and self-management driven
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Extensive research skills
Submission of Application:
Only applicants that meet the above requirements should apply. A comprehensive application letter supported by a detailed CV with certified copies of educational qualifications should be mailed to:
The Finance and HR Officer
P.O. Box 23017
E-mail: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2020