Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE WATER AND SANITATION ENGINEERING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
MAINTENANCE MANAGER: INFRASTRUCTURE
TCOE SALARY: COMMENCING FROM R912 469 PER ANNUM REF NO: WS 99/20
- B degree with five (5) years’ post-qualification or BTech with eight (8) years’ post-qualification in Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical)
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a competent person and project manager in a civil, mechanical and electrical building maintenance improvement environment
- Knowledge of civil, electrical and mechanical design principles
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical equipment selection in built environment
- Ability to initiate, draft and prepare maintenance tender documents
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 and Municipal Finance Management Act, 2004
- Knowledge of local government systems and procedures will be advantageous
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications, SAP
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Responsible for the implementation of maintenance management for all engineering disciplines, technical and operational outcomes associated with infrastructure asset management
- Ensuring the effective management of mechanical civil/electrical and other disciplines’ repairs and maintenance, fault finding and infrastructure upgrades for all water and sanitation plant and equipment
- Ensuring the ongoing development, sustainability and economic viability, and maintaining the levels of service delivery in compliance with the Integrated Development Plan, Water Services Development Plan and Water Services Customer Charter
- Managing the operational dimensions and resources (staff, materials, plant and vehicle, decentralised depot operations) and monitoring utilisation and cost-effectiveness of activities against operational plans
- Participating in the bid specification and bid evaluation committees for specific maintenance tenders
- Ensuring compliance to all supply chain management (SCM) and project management policies and procedures within the City of Cape Town
- Establish benchmarked levels of performance against ISO and balanced scorecard criteria and ensuring compliance with national acts, regulations, council by-laws, guidelines and best practices
- Managing human resources to ensure a climate conducive to promoting and sustaining motivational levels, productivity, performance and improving the quality of the work environment
- Managing capital and operating budgets
- Managing communication with internal and external stakeholders.
CLOSING DATE: 18 September 2020
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.